Thursday, July 16, 2015

Starting a new project

I've been walking by this floral fabric at Joanne's for over a year and wanting to put it in my house. I live in a house full of boys, so yeah I don't have anything really girly, especially not floral, anywhere.
Well... then we were blessed with a beautiful baby girl! So slowly the girly pinks and purples and floral (maybe) are making their way into our home. Just her room really, but that's progress.
 
 So today I bought about half a yard of it, its 50% off right now, and its friends and family you guys! that means an extra 25% off your total purchase, if you shop at Joanne's you know that one doesn't come along often. Only this weekend though.
 So I have this great message board that I've been wanting to make over since before our little miss was born.

 Unfortunately I'm just now getting to it. Thanks to some left over chalk paint I had mixed from the dresser. I knew that it was supposed to apply effortlessly to pretty much any surface so I thought I'd test it out. This frame is actually a really slick plastic so I knew I couldn't just spray paint it without roughing it up first and using a special type of spray paint. So chalk paint sounded like the easiest solution.
 And it was, it went on so nice! Really just like it was wood. I did have to do about 4 coats but I hardly used any paint so it wasn't a big deal at all.
Here is the fabric laying on the board, sorry guys, I actually haven't finished yet. Thanks to lost glue and being a Mom, but I'm hoping by the end of the week it will be ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment