Thursday, September 24, 2015

Painting zebras

This little table and chairs have been screaming for a makeover since the moment I saw them.
I just can't believe I waited this long. By the way, let me introduce you to Tonka, our feline friend. He parked himself on that chair the moment I sat it there and wouldn't move, well I guess I could've moved him, but I was too lazy.

 Noah's Ark sure had its heyday a few... decades ago, and i'm sure some people are still using this theme in their nursery's but hopefully not like this.
After I picked this up at a garage sale 2 years ago, seriously you guys I have so many projects to do, I wanted to paint it for sure, but I didn't know what to do about the picture part.  It's actually just a picture that has been adhered to the top then painted around the edge. I wasn't sure if I should try peeling it off or sanding it off. Then when I discovered B.B. Frosch's chalk paint powder when I painted the desk, I knew that was my solution to this table and chairs.
So I ran to Home Depot and picked up a paint sample can of a blue that I thought could go well in a boys or girls room, since we have both in our house.
 Goodbye Zebras, Elephants, and Tigers.
Can't wait to show you how it turned out.

1 comment:

  1. That's a fancy brush! Why is it called chalk paint? Can you write on it like a chalkboard?

    ReplyDelete