Thursday, October 22, 2015

One Room Challenge, week 3

Okay you guys this is the half way point! 3 more weeks left!!!!!

...and unfortunately the room looks the same. 

Well except that it still has a mattress on the floor that my wonderful MOM slept on all this last week. She flew from far away to spend a whole week with us and we loved every minute of it, and thankfully she not only put up with me and my One Room Challenge talk, but she also helped me. We shopped and shopped and shopped and we even drove for 3 hours to get to the nearest IKEA to get a few things as well.

So I mentioned in my last post that I needed some bookshelves. Well I don't have much of a budget and I wanted some height so this is what we went with.


I have a plan to make it a little taller. What I really want to do though is probably going to be too much, but we'll see. I've got a back up plan that's pennies, so its making the more expensive idea hard to pitch to my husband. 


I mean hairpin legs are definitely my new favorite right now! photo source

We actually got 2 of these bookshelves and I'm going to have them flanking one of the windows, still working out furniture placement.  And i'm trying to decide if I should keep them white or paint them a coordinating color? Too many decisions!!!!!

We also looked at rugs, artwork, and some curtain options. Hopefully next week I'll have a LOT more progress to show you, This week we are finally painting the room, but for now that's all I have. Thanks for sticking with me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment