Thursday, November 12, 2015

My One Room Challenge, Fall 2015 guest participant sources.

In efforts to make my last post not quite so long, (and because I was exhausted and needed to get to bed) I wanted to post my sources separately.


For this room we already owned most of the items, in fact the only things I bought were:

the trim for the curtains
ikea bitrade bookcases+ tapered wooden legs+ wooden board
paint for the walls, ceiling, trim, and table
gold spray paint
ikea dog tail hooks
Target dollar spot pink storage baskets
DIY Branch Light supplies
and the lamp shade



Everything else we had purchased earlier or had already. Like that RUG! I bought it about a year ago and I still LOVE it. I have followed Caitlin Wilson's blog since before her textile line, now she has pillows, rugs, and furniture. If you haven't discovered her yet, you should check her out. You will fall in love with her products and design. Anyway, I was lucky enough to snatch up this rug when they were having their floor sample sales. It was probably used at trade shows, It had some stains, Thank you Allison Bundy for letting me borrow your carpet cleaner, but I had been wanting it for so long and I couldn't pass up the price.

Oh and I can't forget this light fixture, thank you Jenny Komenda for your brilliance and 
you DIY's!!!
The crib we bought 8 years ago at Baby USA, I think. The whole thing was the brown then. When I was pregnant with my daughter we talked about painting the rails white, but didn't get to it until she was already 6 months old. So thankfully that project was already done.  The mobile is actually a wind chime made out of wood and gourds that has been painted with really great colors. I have always loved it, it belonged to my Grandma and when she passed away last fall and no one had claimed it, I was so thankful that that meant I could have it, and I  knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.

The water color painting of the quaking aspens above the crib was also hers, I believe she painted it out at our family cabin in Fish Lake. I love it there and miss it so so much.

 The lamp is vintage you can read more about it here, and I bought the Henredon dresser from the Good Will a few years ago, I was over the moon excited about it. I bought it for $59!!!! It was in sad shape when I brought it home but it cleaned up really nicely, and I LOVE it. I love the hardware and how it has a Moroccan feel that works wonderfully with the mid century modern style of the dresser. And works great with my lamp and curtains.

You can find out more on the message board here. The vintage letter playing cards we picked up at a local antique store back in June.

This table and chairs was in my before shot, though it was hard to see, but we picked it up at the big neighborhood garage sale this year. You can read more about how I painted and waxed it here. The mirror is vintage, found it at the Salvation Army 3 years ago. The three little pictures are from my bedroom when I was little. I asked my Mom if she still had them and she did! She said I could use them in my daughter's room and I was so happy, does this mean i'm borrowing them...? Or can I keep them now?

My daughter loves pointing out the "doggy's" and "babies" in the pictures, I love seeing her LOVING her room.

This garden stool was a $30 purchase at TJ Maxx 2 years ago, you guys you can find them so cheap now. And I thought I was getting a steal back then. The faux sheepskin rug was from Home Goods I got it back in June too, The bentwood rocker was a hand-me-down gift from my husband's grandparents when we got married 10 years ago (What?!). We had one just like it growing up so I was pretty happy we got it. Some people love them and others hate them, But I have always loved it, and its exciting to see that its now gaining popularity again.

You can read more about the curtains here, I'm so happy they turned out. I want to do a post soon showing what I did to make them. I had to come up with a way to hide the fact that I was adding 7 inches of length to my original curtains, they came with the house, and I was using fabric that I trimmed off of other curtains that were too long... all in the name of saving money.



These bookcases are full of things we already owned, minus the pink toy bins. Target dollar spot for the win on those! and the felt basket on the floor is a Target purchase too, but its a few years old now I think. What I love most about these bookshelves is that they are high so I can put things up that babies or kids shouldn't touch so they can be looked at and then put the things they can touch and play with down low, plus with the extra height from the legs I put on I can slide bigger toys or baskets underneath it. LOVE it!

The bunny water color was actually given to my Mom, but was painted by a friend of my Grandma's, sorry I said that wrong in my room reveal post. My Mom then framed it and had it on my bedroom wall when i was little.

I also love the music box up in the top right, its a little girl riding a rocking horse, when it plays music she rocks back and forth. This was another treasure I got from my Grandma. You see all of us kids have fond memories of going to visit her and admiring all of her music boxes. She had so many and they were all so unique. I remember this one and I'm so happy I got to choose one to keep that reminds me of her and those visits. IT plays "It's a Small World After All"

On the bookcase above I put her "bunny bank", silver from target, by her baby book. I also have a few books that I loved growing up on there, and my old lamb rattle, actually I think all of us kids might have used it, but I have it for now :)  The big globe we got for free, someone wanted to throw it in our garbage because the broke it, but I was not about to let that happen, And really who throws away a globe these days :) Plus it was a really quick fix. Oh and the gold Moroccan lanterns were a Christmas buy at Ikea last winter, they are my little girl's night lights.

 Now this brings me to the end, if there is anything I missed that you have more questions about please ask,  I found these pictures last minute on Pinterest here and here.

Thanks for stopping in and please come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment