However, if I can stay on task, which sometimes seems impossible with my 3 kiddos, I think I just might pull it off.
So in case if you are just checking in on me for the first time here are weeks 1, 2, 3, and 4 of this One Room Challenge, Fall 2015 that Linda, at Calling it Home is hosting, if you want to check out where I started with this room.
I have to admit I was a little unrealistic about what I thought i'd be able to accomplish during week 5. But I was able to get one thing done that I didn't anticipate. I painted the little table and chairs that I had in her room before. I picked it up at a yard sale this summer and it was a little beat up. Unfortunately I don't have the best pictures. But you can see it in this before picture (hiding back by the window) and in the following picture after just 1 coat of paint.
I used Air Blue BEHR paint, sorry its hard to really see the color in the photo above. And I mixed b.b.frosch chalk paint powder into the paint. I love that it makes painting so much easier, no sanding needed, and it drys very quickly so you can get started on the second coat as soon as you finish the first. I also love the finishing wax, it gives the paint a really professional look and feel. There are now a lot of different chalk paints on the market, but this one I've tried and really been happy with.
Another thing I was really happy to get done this week was my DIY branch light from Little Green Notebook. I followed her tutorial and it was so easy, and fun to play around with until i got it just how I wanted. I was hoping to have it installed so you could see it, but that was something I wanted my husband to help me with and he's had a busy work week so sorry you'll just have to wait for the reveal.
Instagram and saw this picture I shared now you'll know what it is supposed to look like.
Another thing I didn't quite finish was the curtains. I got the rods painted. I bought THE cheapest rods ever from Ikea last year and i'm just now finally getting them up on the wall. Unfortunately the length doesn't adjust, but for that price you can't be too picky.
So because I'm trying to save money i'm using the original curtains but now they are too short so i have to add some length to them. Because of this I've been really trying to come up with something fun I could do that would disguise the fact that i'm doing that.
Que the inspiration:
Moroccan wedding blankets (if you click on that link it will tell you some really cool things about them)
There are even DIY's already out there, this one here may be the best/ my favorite anyway.
But I haven't seen any curtains, which was baffling to me, and exciting!!! Hopefully I won't totally botch this idea though. I've only been playing around with trims (of course only the cheap ones, or else I'm pretty confident I could nail this if I had the moolah) I'm just going for something that is simple, budget friendly, disguises my curtain pieced together, and looks sparkly and chic. And it will be fun to add some texture to the room. It will not be on the entire curtain, just the lower third maybe... Still working it all out as you can see.
Please cross your fingers that this doesn't end up looking like my first sewing project.
...and that I'll be able to get this room done how I want it by next week.