Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Estate Sale and Consignment Shopping

This last weekend we went shopping.  The whole gang! So it wasn't exactly the best shopping, but I still had a lot of fun and my husband and kiddos were sweet enough to take me.

Actually my boys usually like going to the estate sales because there are usually some old toys that are pretty cheap so they know they might get an old board game or matchbox car out of it.  This time though because my garage is full of projects it was really just for fun or for small items only.

But of coarse I found some bigger items I wanted.
 Like this beautiful black lacquered chinoiserie chair!!!! I would change the seat cushion for sure, maybe paint it, but the black looks great if it works with your decor. I've been dreaming of this chair ever since I saw it, because yes... I didn't buy it. Once I refinish my campaign desk it would be perfect with it too.

Here are some images to show you what I mean.

source

source

source



And this beat up beauty, (needed a LOT of work, trust me) I haven't stopped thinking of it either.


I just shouldn't have looked at all, Now they are just haunting me, Maybe they'll still be there when I feel like I can spend more money on furniture?... HOPEFULLY.

I did get a few fun things though that I was excited about. A Fenton hobnail milk glass sugar dish, a globe for the boys that also lights up, and a big old brass lamp that right now is going in my daughter's room and needs an updated shade.

Her room is a work in progress, but here is a picture, plus you can see how we are using the message board so far.



I have so many plans for it and I even bought my paint but we haven't had the time to paint it yet. Hopefully soon, because family is coming to visit soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment